Rabbits/large growth in house rabbit

Question
 I WONDER IF YOU COULD GIVE AN OPINION ON A PROBLEM MY HOUSE RABBIT HAS.I AM WRITING FROM ENGLAND SO HOPE THAT IS OK.ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO MY HOUSE RABBIT SUFFERED FROM AN INFECTED FOOT.AFTER 2/3 OPERATIONS THE VET SAID THAT THE LEG WOULD BE BETTER REMOVED AS THE INFECTION WASN'T BEING CONTROLLED.THE LEG WAS REMOVED ABOUT 18 MTHS AGO.ALL SEEMED FINE EXCEPT FOR A SMALL AREA OF HER WOUND WHICH WAS STUBBORN TO HEAL.THE VET HAD JUST TAKEN DELIVERY OF AN ULTRA SOUND MACHINE WHICH HE USED ON THE WOUND WHICH THEN DID HEAL.A FEW WEEKS LATER WE NOTICED THAT ON THE SIDE WHERE HER OPERATION HAD BEEN A LUMP THE SIZE OF AN ORANGE HAD GROWN.THE VET REMOVED THE LUMP WHICH WAS MAINLY A SOFTISH MASS OF BLOOD FED TISSUE.TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT, THE VET HAS NO IDEA WHAT IT IS,THERE HAS BEEN TESTS ON THE MASS WHICH HAVE COME BACK NON CANCEROUS BUT THERE ARE NOW MORE TUMORS AND SHE HAS JUST HAD AN OPERATION TO REMOVE THE JELLY TYPE MASS THAT SURROUNDS THEM.THE VET HAS SAID THAT BECAUSE OF SIZE OF THE MASS THAT FORMED HE THINKS IT SHOULD BE HER LAST OP.WE DONT WANT TO BE CRUEL,BUT BECAUSE SHE ALWAYS RECOVERS VERY QUICKLY AND APART FROM THE DIFFICULTY OF TRYING TO WALK WITH ONLY 3 LEGS AND THE MASS DANGLING DOWN SHE FEEDS VERY WELL AND RUNS AROUND WITH NO ILL EFFECTS.I SUPPOSE I'M ASKING IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT SHE COULD BE SUFFERING FROM AND WETHER YOU KNOW OF ANY TREATMENT THAT MIGHT HELP.WE DON'T WANT TO LOSE HER AND WOULD TRY ANYTHING TO HELP HER.IF SHE SEEMED ILL WE WOULD HAVE HAD HER PUT DOWN BEFORE NOW FOR HER SAKE,BUT SHE'S ALWAYS BACK TO NORMAL POST OP UNTIL THE GROWTH IMPEDES HER.ANY ADVICE WOULD BE WELCOME.THANKS,
REGARDS - CAROLE PILLING

Answer
Hmmm.
its hard to say,it could be a lot of things!
But i hate to put down buns in my clinic and so far only 1bunny was put down in my clinic.So lets keep it that way!:)

It sounds like abscess,can you move it around?
If you can its definitely abscess.Its nothing major and is something you shouldn't have to put your rabbit down for!Your vet can get a injection to insert into the lump and it'll cure that!If not,I think getting surgically removed one more time can really give this bun a chance!
As for pain,he's really not in any.

So ask your vet about abscess,and the cures.

best bunny wishes!:)
Hope to hear from you soon!

Rabbits

Anastasia