Rabbits/Splay leg rabbit

Question
Ms. Kremples,
I found your webpage on bracing a baby bunny with a splay leg, and I have tried this technique on the back legs of my rabbit to no avail. I have already read your response to another user of this method in which you said that you rarley use the cork, and even without the cork my rabbit finds a way to wiggle out of the adhesive tape band. Do you have any suggestions?

Answer
Dear Ella,

I have found that some bunnies just will not tolerate the braces.  But I have just now added some instructions and a picture to the splayleg article that might help.  Please go here and scroll to the bottom:

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/splayleg.html

Let me know if you have any questions afterwards.  

Hope it helps.

Dana
dana@miami.edu

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.