I recently adopted a 2 yr old holland lop rabbit. The woman I adopted her fom was a breeder and since she has been with me she just hides under furniture and she wont allow anyone to touch or carry her. Is it possible to tame a rabbit at this age? And if so how?

First of all,never just approach a new rabbit at all,its scary to them.I mean you'd be scared too right?!

So here's the process:
1.)talk to the bunny.tell her how pretty she is.let her get use to your voice.
2.)After a day or two of talking offer a treat from your hand.if she takes it,your on the right track!,if not continue talking.
3.)hand feeding treats should only last about a day.once she sees your hands are safe you can begin trying to pet her.Very softly slowly and gently pet her.she will either nudge you to say "more petting please" or shell nip you to say"I'm not comfortable yet.
if she nips you just continue the treats.
4.)now you've gotten this far!its time to try and take the bunny out.slowly. gently pick her up or hold her to your chest.
5.)once the rabbit is use to you holding her shell want it all the time!
6.)(Optional)i recommend a cage.You can keep it inside.and it helps so she can't confide herself away.

best bunny wishes!

I can answer all your rabbit question from teeth grinding to why your bunny sleeps at a certain time!ask breeding questions and eating questions or simply why your bunny licks you!i know rabbit language and noises and i am also a vet so medical questions i will answer as well!just any question i will answer so expect the best!

I've owned over 80 bunnies and currently have twin bunnies sasha and sushi.i have been studying bunnies since i was 3 so expect the best answer you can get.I can recommend vets homemade recipes and well just about anything you need.i have been currently breeding rabbits so ask questions about that as well!i know plenty of rabbit knowledge and am ready to share it!

I am in the following:the HRS. the rabbit welfare society. The ASCPA the no animal hungry vet school support dog training animal school the healthy pet Save the animal almost all adoption centers for animals in my area.

I'm a vet my very own building and I've studied rabbits all my life.I only give the BEST answer and my patients say all of there animals pulled through.my slogan is "never let them die".What that means is even when your pet is totally dead i will still work to make them have breath again!i have my doctor degree.

None yet!but very good compliments.I'm only a small town vet!

Past clients are:ponco,coca,Lola,Mickey,David,skater, and just to many to count!(all of them are rabbits I've treated over 1000 rabbits!)