Rabbits/baby rabbit..might be injured

Question
hello..we have wild baby bunniesin the neighborhood and my dog got one and we quickly removed him...but his one front leg is either broken or dislocated i feel very bad. we called several wildlife places left messages.. no one answrred maybe bc its late we have him in a box with grass water some hay etc...but what should we do in the meantime..please any info..he is atleast 4weeks or older

Answer
Hi Bethany

The poor little bun!

Sadly there's not a lot we can do for wildies with obvious injuries. If he made it through the night the kindest thing you can do is call around the wildlife places again or go to your nearest vet and have the bun put to sleep. It's very difficult to repair breaks in wild rabbits, just being handled can kill them with stress. There is also a high chance there are internal injuries going on you can't see, dogs violently shake their prey when they catch them.

Sorry it's not a joyful answer, hope I've been of some help.

Cat

Rabbits

Cat