Rabbits/what not to eat

My name is Erin and i have a three month old french lop i have had her for only a few weeks now. I was wonder if things like yucca seed pods would be harmful to her. My brotherdragged a yucca seedpod in from out side and did not stop my rabbit Holly from eating cause he said it wouldnt hurt her i took it away but she still ate some of it should i be worrried?
Please write back soon. I am really worried here.
Thank you,

Hi Erin

I'm afraid I don't know if Yucca pods are toxic or not to rabbits but as they are not plants native to Europe (where all domestic rabbits descend from the European wild rabbit) I would recommend steering clear of them. Better safe than sorry!

Apparently the seed pods are sometimes eaten by people but don't taste great. Hopefully the tiny bit she did eat will do her no harm. Just monitor her, you only need to be concerned if you notice odd behaviour i.e. loss of appetite, excess mushy poops, no poop or lethargy.

Rabbits have no diet control, they will always try and eat things they shouldn't. If you're not sure about a plant, avoid it, especially plants that are not native to Europe.

Hope I helped.

I can answer questions around the welfare of pet rabbits, basic health queries including gut stasis, diet worries, bonding questions and the proper welfare standards around housing rabbits (i.e. no wire floors, no small cages and they should be kept in properly bonded de-sexed pairs in very large enclosures). I cannot answer showing questions nor complex breeding issues as I do not agree with either, seeing the other end of the story in the world of rabbit rescue.

I have two 7 year old rescue rabbits and volunteer for a well established rabbit rescue here in the UK, both physically doing cleaning out etc and I am also their events and awareness co-oordinator, helping educate the general public on proper rabbit keeping, this means I have to ensure all information I give is correct and matches current welfare standards.

I belong to the RWAF (Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund) and volunteer for a major rabbit rescue.

I have no formal education on this subject, however read everything I can to keep up to date with current welfare standards and health problems. Both my rabbits have sensitive guts and constantly keep me on my toes.