Rabbits/what not to eat

Question
My name is Erin and i have a three month old french lop i have had her for only a few weeks now. I was wonder if things like yucca seed pods would be harmful to her. My brotherdragged a yucca seedpod in from out side and did not stop my rabbit Holly from eating cause he said it wouldnt hurt her i took it away but she still ate some of it should i be worrried?
Please write back soon. I am really worried here.
Thank you,
Erin

Answer
Hi Erin

I'm afraid I don't know if Yucca pods are toxic or not to rabbits but as they are not plants native to Europe (where all domestic rabbits descend from the European wild rabbit) I would recommend steering clear of them. Better safe than sorry!

Apparently the seed pods are sometimes eaten by people but don't taste great. Hopefully the tiny bit she did eat will do her no harm. Just monitor her, you only need to be concerned if you notice odd behaviour i.e. loss of appetite, excess mushy poops, no poop or lethargy.

Rabbits have no diet control, they will always try and eat things they shouldn't. If you're not sure about a plant, avoid it, especially plants that are not native to Europe.

Hope I helped.
Cat

Rabbits

Cat