Rabbits/Red in rabbit's urine

Question
red in her pee
red in her pee  
Dear Miss Dana, apologies if im sounding like it's the end of the world,
but this is the fifth time it has happened.

rabbit peed (please see photo) and there is this BRIGHT red patch (you can tell, from pic) in her pee, and dries up dark brown. It has happened four times, intervals of about 2 weeks each (4 times in past 2 months).
My mom rushed her to the vet (it's physically inconvenient for me to move out of the hse, esp these months), the vet simply wrote on paper "I cannot tell from the cloth what the patch is. But I listened to her heart, she seems fine." For these 2 statements, the vet collected a full fee from me...Im not worried about cost, just that I dont wanna risk losing the rabbit (if she has cancer, and the Vet failed at her job) just because someone was feeling irresponsible at her work, that day.

I tried calling them again, but they refused to attend to me.

Apologies...I understand how this site has stressed over and over again that serious cases need Vet's attention... but I did. I did send her to her usual vet, but they are extremely nonchalent this time.

It would help to EVEN add a few facts, to even help me with the situation more:
1) vet could have told me if this SOMETIMES happen, so as to help me understand.
2) and/or also let me know what signs to look out for, if rabbit is really potentially developing cancer..

Im sorry to be posing you this question, while in the first place we've already been responsible and paid for help.

But if you are able to share your understanding, could you help me:

1) I know no one can identify the patch - but i am SURE to say a) it dries up brown. b) it happened five times. We stopped her carrot intake btw... and it's just hay and green veg. She's not eating as well as before. But still pooping much, twice a day. (tho not as much as before..) ..based on what I shared, do you think you can add on to my understanding, as to what POSSIBLY might be the patch?

2) she's 2 years 8 months. not spayed. how can i red-flag it, IF REALLY she's having cancer... what signs?

3) If I have to bring her back to vet again, could you please tell me what I can look out for:
do we do an xray?
take blood samples?
Vet asked me to bring her pee, to be tested, if i am really worried. but her normal ones do not contain red patches, and the only way we really know is WHEN pee is on cloth...then we see the red.

mom DID bring the cloth to Vet, but because it is on cloth - testing cannot be done? I dont know how else to 'bring the red' to the vet besides on the cloth... because the other times, her pee is fine.  

hope you can share your understanding and experience. As for me.. we even brought her to the Vet already... i feel like theres nothing else I can do for her if the Vet does not want to help. im only hoping we wont lose her, just because the vet was out to con money, and refuse to proper treat.

Distressed,
Julianne

Answer
Dear Julianne,

The color of the patch really does look like dilute blood.  Please find a good rabbit vet here:

http://www.rabbit.org/vet

via the international listings, or contact the Singapore Rabbit Rescue group for a referral:

http://www.hrss.net/

I would not wait any longer to have her spayed; the apparent blood in the urine is reason enough to take the precaution of having her spayed, as it is a big red flag for a uterine neoplasia (cancer).  If the vet judges her a good candidate for surgery, I would have her spayed NOW.

I hope this helps.

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.