Rabbits/is cider ok for rabbits?

Question
QUESTION: hello cat is it ok to put cider in my rabbit cage??
(she has fleas and they dont like the smell?)

thanks con

ANSWER: Hi Con

I personally wouldn't recommend it. Do you mean cider the alcoholic beverage or cider apple vinegar? Either way you'll have a rabbit licking at the residue and potentially causing gut upsets.

Rabbits having fleas is actually pretty unusual. They are not flea magnets like cats and dogs. If your rabbit has fleas it's because the environment has fleas! Any cats or dogs in the immediate vicinity, they'll have fleas. If the bun is in your house, your house has fleas!

I recommend treating your rabbit with a rabbit-safe flea treatment, the main one being Advantage. Do NOT use Frontline or Sentinel as these can kill a rabbit.

If the rabbit is outside, thoroughly clean, sweep and disinfect the surrounding area.

If the rabbit is inside, move the rabbit into boarding for a few days and go and you stay and a friends house for the night and bug bomb your whole house.

Fleas are a pest but not at all common on rabbits! Fur mites are more common for buns.

Hope I helped!
Cat

QUESTION: thanks but i mant a cider branch like frash off a tree.
?????
thanks con

Answer
Ah. Uhm. There is no such thing as a cider branch. Cider is a drink. It is made from apples or pears. Presuming you mean a branch off an apple tree, that would last approximately 30 minutes in a bunny cage before it's vanished and you have a smug looking bunny thanking you for the yummy treat! (I think pear is one that should not be fed to rabbits.)

I use apple leaves and branches as treats for rabbits. It won't have any effect on fleas as it won't have time to!

Definitely have a chat with your vet for proper flea treatments.

Thanks
Cat

Rabbits

Cat