I have given some watercress as I usually do to my rabbits, then I found out a few hours later that the watercress I gave them has been re-called by Sainsbury's as there may be problems with E.Coli. Is this dangerous to rabbits if so what are the symptoms of this in rabbits

Oops sorry Claire, I thought I'd answered this but I only did that in my head!

I would not panic too much, chances are the cress you gave your bunnies was fine and Sainsbury's are just being cautious.

Just monitor your bunnies, any change in poops or energy levels, straight to the vet. But if any of the bunnies are acting oddly, strange poop etc, straight to your vet. It would be very rare, however, for a rabbit to contract e-coli. It's definitely not a problem I've come across.

Don't panic! Your bunnies are most likely just fine. Just monitor them for a few days.

I can answer questions around the welfare of pet rabbits, basic health queries including gut stasis, diet worries, bonding questions and the proper welfare standards around housing rabbits (i.e. no wire floors, no small cages and they should be kept in properly bonded de-sexed pairs in very large enclosures). I cannot answer showing questions nor complex breeding issues as I do not agree with either, seeing the other end of the story in the world of rabbit rescue.

I have two 7 year old rescue rabbits and volunteer for a well established rabbit rescue here in the UK, both physically doing cleaning out etc and I am also their events and awareness co-oordinator, helping educate the general public on proper rabbit keeping, this means I have to ensure all information I give is correct and matches current welfare standards.

I belong to the RWAF (Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund) and volunteer for a major rabbit rescue.

I have no formal education on this subject, however read everything I can to keep up to date with current welfare standards and health problems. Both my rabbits have sensitive guts and constantly keep me on my toes.