Rabbits/Fur loss

Question
My rabbit is thin and is losing fur on her ears and back. She lives alone and is not spayed. What should I do?

Answer
Hi Jessica
Sorry to hear about your bun.

I'd get her to a bunny savvy vet ASAP to be honest. Those symptoms could mean organ failure or dental problems, especially the weight loss if shes otherwise eating normally. The vet should do a dental examination (front and back teeth), a blood test and skin test in case it's mite or an allergy. I recommend taking fecal samples with you too.

Sadly this one really needs a proper vet examination as soon as, I would not be happy recommending any home remedies here.

If you are not sure of a good vet, ask on this forum for local advice (I'm down south!)
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/forum.php

Good luck!
Cat

Rabbits

Cat