Rabbits/Bunny flopping on side

Question
My 5 month mini rex bunny has started flopping on her side every so often as of last night. I cannot tell if it's a voluntary or involuntary movement. I plan to take her to the Vet as soon as possible but wondering what you think this could be? Everything has been going very well & no other symptoms noted. Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Answer
Dear Rhonda,

A very happy and contented bunny will flop over on her side to show that she feels very safe.   So you don't have to worry about it being a problem.  It's just adorable and it means she loves you and trusts you that she'll "fwop" in your presence.

:)

You can see some cute videos of bunny flops here:

http://tinyurl.com/kmlvrrw

to compare with what your bunny is doing.  

Hope that sets your mind at ease.  Happy New Year!

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.