Rabbits/minni lops

Question
I HAVE 2 WHAT I THINK ARE MINI LOPS THEY WEIGH 9 &10 LBS. THEY ARE @ LEAST 2 YEARS OF AGE AND WOULD LIKE TO BREED THEM WHAT IS THE BEST AGE,AND TIME TO DO THIS THE BABIES WOULD BE EASTER GIFTS FOR MY FAMMILY AND FRIENDS THAT I KNOW WANT ONE AND VERY RESPONSIBLE PET QWNERS!!!!!! AND ?2 IS CAN YOU BREED BROTHERS & SISTERS OR FARTHER DAUGHTER, MOTHER SON. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Answer
Hi Lonna,
First off,miniature lops are suppose to weigh 4 pounds as adults,not 10. What you have are not pure lops,despite what the pet shop told you. Rabbits can and will breed as young as 5 months old,but this is too young and could end up disastrous. 1-2 years is the proper age to breed.
Second,breeding any relations at all will end up in uncertainty concerning their health and mannerism..I would not advise breeding them,and have them both neutered and spayed,,otherwise you will end up with too many unwanted pets. Litters are from 8 to 10 kits, and unless you have 10 people who want one for certain and you know they will provide care for their 8-10 year lifespan,please reconsider breeding. Leave the breeding to the professionals.
 I am a rescue and have seen way too many rabbits become abandoned and given up.
There are many rabbit rescues and if you tell me where you are,I can redirect you to a sanctuary where your friends and family can rescue a rabbit this Easter,and save a life instead of adding to the problem,,
thank you,

Rabbits

Elizabeth Clinch