Rabbits/rabbit pg

hello my male rabbit got in with my female rabbit I'm not sure when this was I noticed about 5 or 6 days ago she was carrying straw so I'm assuming she's pregnant she is very fat very aggressive and constantly scratching in the side of her box I tried to feel her stomach but she will not let me touch her she stopped carrying the straw but still has all the other signs and I'm pretty sure she's pregnant why would she stop carrying the straw, and if she is pregnant why is she not nesting and about how long after she starts carrying straw will she have babies

Hi Julie,
Ok,1st off,how long was the male WITH her? It's a 30-32 day gestation period,meaning she will give birth at 30-32 days after mating..depending on the breed/size.
 Pregnant does will carry straw and other materials they can grab to make a nest,and they will do this a couple weeks before she's due to have her kitts.  The most obvious sign of when she delivers,is when you will see fur in the nest in which she has pulled from herself to keep her babies warm. Sometimes she will line the nest with her fur a day or two before having the kitts,but usually that is done the day of or the day before . Don't expect to see any nests until she has had them..carrying straw is an instinctual behavior ,but they rarely actually prepare one till they have had the kitts,then they cover them with their fur.
Don't palpitate her belly,it can cause harm to the unborn kitts.
 Once she gives birth,she won't stay with the babie's ,,she will only feed them once in the morning and not spend time in the nest,as other mammals do. So don't be concerned that she won't be in the nest with her babies...you rarely see the mother with them,,they only feed once a day for a week or so,,then a little more often as they grow.
 Hope this was helpful,,best regards,and good luck!

Elizabeth Clinch

I'll answer all questions for breeding,feeding,housing requirements,training,health,and behavior problems.

I was a breeder for miniature Holland lops,and due to the alarming rate of overpopulation of unwanted pets,I have become a sanctuary and rescue. I highly suggest that all rabbits,young or old be neutered or spayed,to avoid this crisis,as well as improve the general health and lifespan of your pet rabbit,and improve the behavior and bad habits your pet may otherwise develop over time.

personal sanctuary and rescue for unwanted pets.

animal sciences with honors