Rabbits/Rabbit sore, on her back

Question
Rabbit scab
Rabbit scab  
Hi
We have a three year old mini lop doe which has recently been neutered.
Two weeks ago following getting her spaid we had a mixi jab in her back.
Two days ago we treated her with spot on as she seemed itchy.
Yesterday we noticed a large scab on her back. We have taken her to the vet but was wondering if you knew what it could be? The vet has suggested it may be a reaction to the jab but she hasn't had this reaction before. She has been prescribed anti bionics but we go away on holiday in two days and would like to know more before we go away. Please can you look at the photo and let me know your thoughts.
Many thanks
Ben

Answer
Hi Ben:

I apologize for taking so long to reply to you.  My area is in the peak of winter and we've had one snow and ice storm after another.  Each time I dig out of one, another hits.  The ice storms have caused the power lines to snap and when that happens I have no power, which means no computer or internet.  It's quite frustrating.

Here is the USA - any and all vaccinations to rabbits are illegal.  They have been proven to do more harm than good.  You could never find a vet to administer them, because they aren't legal.  Of course this means i'm not familiar with the reaction to a mixi jab, however, I can say that the scab looks well into the healing process, not infected in any way and if the scab is in the same location of the injection - then without a doubt that was the cause.

There is no need to medicate; this will heal on its own.  If your vet prescribed antibiotics, I hope he also told you that you must give probiotics at the same time?  If you give a rabbit antibiotics without probiotics, it will destry their intestinal flora and in 4-6 weeks the gut will no longer be able to properly digest and you'll have a rabbit with severe cecal dysbiosis (runny, water poops).  It's customary in the US to always give probiotics with antibiotics, and I can only imagine that is true in Europe.  But if not, please get them and begin a 2 week course ASAP.  

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,

Lisa L.

Rabbits

Lisa L.

I was introduced to meat rabbits at the age of 3. Began working with them on my own at the age of 8 and started my own large commercial rabbitry at the age of 20. I'm 46 now and for the past 26 years I have owned a large herd of meat rabbits and have become well known as the turn-to person whenever a problem arrises.

Member of the American Rabbit Breeders Association. Member of the Rabbit Industry Council. Member of the Yahoo - Meat Rabbits Group. Member of the American Council of Animal Naturopathy. Administrators of the FaceBook "Rabbit's as meat" group. Owner of Yahoo - Raising Meat Rabbit's for maximum yield group

Yahoo Meat Rabbits Group. www.rabbitzinger.com American Council of Animal Naturopathy www.raisingrabbits.com FaceBook "Rabbit's as meat" group. Owner of Yahoo - Raising Meat Rabbit's for maximum yield group

There is no formal training for raising rabbits; its all hands on. I have had a steady rabbit breeding operation for 24 years and have read every book there is on raising rabbits for meat. Additionally, I am a member of several rabbit groups and associations as listed below.

None - there are none in this field.

I have helped countless people over the past several decades. These have been people I knew personally or those referred to me by one of the many rabbit organizations I belong to.