Rabbits/My rabbits diet

Question
hey cat!
i want to ask u about my rabbits' diet.
i notice recently they have smaller poop then usual.
i didn't change their pellets. i study outside for a while, my mom is taking care of them but they don't get really much time to play.
will simethicone help their guts to move? or it is as simple as increase the intake of hay and time for exercise?

Thanks! :)

Answer
Hi Michelle
A number of things can cause smaller poop.

If they are otherwise happy in themselves, increase hay intake definitely, no treats (make sure your mom isn't giving them little treats they shouldn't really have!), reduced veg, normal pellets, and try and make more time for exercise. They need room to move to keep there gut moving too, ideally they should have a nice big space to exercise when they choose to anyway.

If you are worried, a vet trip will not hurt. They should feel his gut and be able to tell if there's any problems or blockages causing irregular poops.

Hope that helps!
Cat

Rabbits

Cat