Rabbits/Wet cheeks and chin

Question
QUESTION: Good day! Miss Whetstone.

I am wondering on why my dwarf rabbit has a wet cheeks?. I just got her yesterday from my friend as a gift and when i recieve her everything was alright. Her fur is soft and smooth. I just noticed the wet parts after she ate some cabbages. I am worried cause she is a gift from my friends and i dont want to disappoint them buy telling them that my rabbit is dead.

Btw. Other than that she is perfectly fine and energetic the wet chin and cheeks is the only thing bothering me. Should i bring her to the vet now?

Hope you answer this... thank you very much!!

ANSWER: Divine,

Did you rinse the cabbage before giving it to her? It might be moisture from her greens. Especially if she enjoyed it.
Is the area around her eyes wet at all?

QUESTION: Thanks for replying fast.

No there's nothing wrong in her eyes. I see no tears on it. The cabbage though... i did rinse it

ANSWER: Divine,

Unless you see this damp fur all the time, then I'd say this is probably a really exuberant bunny enjoying her greens. They do tend to be a little messy with anything wet when eating. Hope this helps!

QUESTION: So should i stop feeding her cabbage for a while and observe if it dries up?

Though the scent starting to smell very foul. I am still worried.

Anyway thank you for the help!

Answer
Divine,

Odor from where, exactly? The dampness around her face, or what she excretes?
Maybe switch from cabbage to some other sort of greens. I've included a helpful list of things she can eat. Please be sure to only introduce one item at a time to ensure nothing makes bun's tummy upset.

Hay:
First and foremost, this should always be available for your bun to enjoy. For buns older than 6 months, it’s good to maintain a nutrient balance found in hays like timothy, oat and orchard grass. Your bun may prefer thinner cuts (second cut hay) or more coarse strands (first cut). Pay attention to what your bunny digs for in the pile and lean your purchases towards that.
As a young bun (6 months or less), alfalfa hay is a good addition to mix in with the hay selection above. It’s nutritious, tasty, and has a nutrient content naturally designed to help your baby grow up into a strong binky-ier (like Flintstones vitamins for your bun).
Hay should be refreshed as often as necessary. If your bun hasn’t eaten all their hay in a day, you should remove a majority and replace with fresh stock – sometimes you’ll have a picky bun that won’t eat “old” hay (like mine – 24 hours and it’s done). In that case, I can recommend that you line the bottom of your litter boxes with it to at least get some extra use out of it.
Connect with local small animal rescues to find good sources of natural hay (rabbits and guinea pigs have several common nutritional needs, for example). I find that the selection rescues can offer are often superior to what is sold in large stores. You can also find sources by attending animal/pet shows and connecting with vendors.

Water:
There are two ways to dispense water, but whatever method you use, it should be changed, rinsed and refilled every day. Your specific bunvironment will determine your best setup. There are bowls for the floor, bowls that attach to wire sides, and bottles which also attach to wire sides. Bottles are more intensive to clean up (you should have small brushes on hand to clean them out properly), but they also have the potential for less mess. It’s best to have one water source per bunny.

Greens:
I like to abide by the rule of 1/2 cup of fresh greens per pound of bunny, per day. Not necessarily all at once – you can split it up into feedings – but it does a bun-body good. There are a few things to note here:
If you feed your bunnies greens that are just rinsed and still wet, it can end up substituting for water consumption.
If your bun has strange poo, you may need to adjust the overall amount of greens you feed by more or less.
Organic and pesticide free is better if you can find it, but don’t break the bank attempting to do so. Utilize farmers markets when you can to get fresh local produce that your bun will love.
The list of stuff they can eat is exhaustive. Only introduce one selection at a time so that if anything upsets your buns tum you can cross it off the list.
HERBS: Rosemary, Sage, Dill, Basil, Parsley, Oregano, Peppermint, Cilantro, Lavender, Tarragon, Lemon Balm, Thyme, Chamomile, Nettle (only dried), Dandelion, Mustard Greens, Comfrey, Caraway, Salad Burnet, Chervil, Lovage, Lady’s Smock, Borage, Clover (small amounts), Chickweed, Chicory, Cleavers, Fennel, Savory
FLOWER/GREEN: Coltsfoot, Vetches, Great Plantain, Lady’s Mantle, Daylily, Bishop’s Goutweed, Daisies, Heartsease, Fireweed, Sunflower, Indian Cress, Marigold, Woodland Geranium, Rose (petals and hips – no spray), Jerusalem Artichoke, Hyssop, Dame’s Rocket, Hibiscus, Marshmallow, Nasturtium, Pineapple Weed, Safflower, Orchid
FRUIT/VEGGIE/OTHER: Should always be in small amounts because of high sugar content. Strawberries (and leaves), Raspberries (and leaves), Blackberries (and leaves), Blueberries (and heath), Cowberries (and heath), Banana, Pineapple, Apple (no core and no seeds), Grapes, Pear (no seeds), Mango, Watermelon (no seeds), Orange (no peel), Papaya, Peaches, Carrots (and tops), Parsnip, Mullein (leaves), Purslane, Apricot, Fig, Huckleberries, Kiwi, Loganberries, Nectarine, Persimmon (no seeds), Plum (no pit), Zucchini
GREENS: Fennel, Celery Sticks, Peppers, Radishes (and tops), Asparagus, Rosso Lettuce, Ruccola Salad, Lollo Lettuce, Beets (and tops), Squash (no seeds), Artichoke, Pumpkin, Pea Pods, Alfalfa Sprouts, Bok Choy, Brussels Sprouts, Escarole, “Salad Mix” (avoid iceberg and other watery lettuces), Okra, Radicchio, Wheat Grass, Mustard,
*The following should be given in small doses as they have high water content or could cause bloat: Tomato (no seeds), Cucumber, Kohlrabi, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Spinach

CHEWING TWIGS:
This is a bonus section. Bunnies love to bunstruct. Here are some safe dried twigs you can give to help wear down that open-root tooth system.
Alder, Birch, Spruce, Rowan, Hawthorn, Aspen, Ash, Willow, Maple, Goat Willow, Poplar, Hazel, Juniper, Gooseberry, Redcurrant, Apple Tree, Pear Tree, Black Currant

Rabbits

Christine Whetstone