Rabbits/weight loss

Question
I have a lop ear bunny that will turn a year old in may. She is full of life and personality with a voracious appetite. However I have noticed some weight loss recently. No appetite changes at all. She receives constant Timothy hay, fresh greens and a cup and a half of pellets a day. She is housed indoors. Any help would be fantastic.

Answer
Hi Lawrence

Sorry to hear about your bun's weightless. I recommend a check at the vet. I had a panic with mine thinking weightloss, turned out his moult had just made him look leaner. BUT true weightloss can indicate a number of issues including dental and internal organ problems so it's definitely not something to ignore and hope it will get better.

So yes, find a good bunny vet and get them to check your bun over, including molar teeth and heart.

Hope I helped!
Cat

Rabbits

Cat