Rabbits/baby rabbit

Question
My family recently found a baby rabbit in our back yard
havent seen the mother for 2 days so we took it in
Its eyes are still shut and I was told to feed it supplement
or replacement puppy milk till I can get it to a vet.
Is there anything I should worry about as it is not a
familar animal for me. also what is the difference betweent
domesticated and wild baby bunnies as my son wants to keep it

Answer
Hello.
many people have tried to save baby wild rabbits the odds are it will not make it

Puppy replacement is not good cat milk would be your best bet.
wild rabbits are different than domestic rabbits in many ways mainly their dietary needs .
Jack rabbits are actually hares they are born with hair &their eyes are open .cotton tails are more like domestic rabbits.
Its unusual that you found this one away from its nest.
Normally they stay in their nest until they can run away from danger.the mothers usually make the nest well out of sight of predators.
Good luck

Rabbits

Dan Vallo

I have been raising Rabbits for over 25 Years and have raised all the breeds mentioned above along with a few others. I have been a member of the ARBA ( American Rabbit Breeders Accociation) www.arba.net since 1985.I currently have a 1300 sqft barn that is Heated and colled to maintain 7o degrees all year long. We show our rabbits all over The USA and have been in the top ten breeders during the last 5 years in several different breeds.

ARBA. NM State Rabbit and Cavy Breeders, American Checkered Giant Rabbit Club, Southwest Checkered Giant RC, Champagne De` Argent RC, National Polish RC, Sandoval County Livestock commitee.

ACGRC Bulletin, CDARF monthly news bulletin,

I Worked with a vet for several Years.

top ten rabbit breeder Checkered Giant rabbit club. #1st sweepstake winner Champagne Rabbit club 2007, #10 in 2006 top 15 in 2005,Ranked # 4 in points standings for 2008. Top points standing in New Mexico for Champagne de`Argent & Checkered giant rabbbits past 5 years