Rabbits/breeding holland lop

I have a 4 month old holland lop doe that I want to breed. Can I breed her now? Or when is the soonest I can?

I would wait for the 6 month mark at least. If I might inquire - why are you looking to breed her?
The reason I ask - female bunnies can get quite aggressive after having a litter, not to mention that bunnies that are not fixed stand about an 80% chance of reproductive cancer by the age of two. Your bunny will live a longer and happier life if she is fixed.

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.