Rabbits/bunny, possibly sick!

My bunnies eyes are both blood shot and it's not from an eye injury, what could be wrong? I'm also worried because he bit my daughter and drew blood! If he were to be sick with something, could my daughter catch it since he bit her?

Take your bunny to the vet to get the eyes checked out. He could have an irritant in there - hay dust or something, or he might have even scratched them. Needs medical attention. That should also put to rest your concern about the bite. If your bun wasn't feeling well, it's more likely to be aggressive as his instinct tells him that he's in more danger if he's sick/injured.

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.