Rabbits/Two Male Siblings got unbonded. Help

Question
Dr. Krempels, I recently adopted two male siblings and about a month or 2 after I had them home they started to fight. I really want to keep both rabbits. I have tried many things to get them bonded again but I am always scared they will fight so I do not make things easier for the buns to bond. Do you have any tips? I have tried the tub, the feeding together, the card ride and all seem unsuccessful. I am in Miami, FL. The rescue I adopted it from is overloaded with bunnies otherwise they would rebond them for me.

Answer
Hi, Jessica

Are these boys neutered?  If not, then it's no wonder they started fighting.  First step is to have them both neutered.  Then you can move to step 2.  If they *are* neutered, then let me know, as there are steps one can take to try to re-bond.  But sometimes a broken bond just won't mend.  There are solutions for that, too, so don't give up.

What rescue group did you get the bunnies from?  I'm in Miami, too, and would really like to know if someone is adopting out intact bunnies! :(

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.