Rabbits/Rabbit poop

Question
Hello,
I saw on the website that rabbit poop is safe. Like all rabbit owners I have a lot of cleaning to do. What bacteria is present in rabbit fecal matter?

Answer
Hi Melissa

Rabbit poop is harmless, it's just double digested hay really. There's no bacteria risk. It only really gets dangerous with meat eating animals like cats, dogs and humans!

Rabbit doodoo is harmless though, you could eat one and it would do you no harm (not recommended though haha!). Rabbit poop is brilliant stuff, fantastic for plants, even better than horse manure!

Hope I helped :)
Cat

Rabbits

Cat