Rabbits/RE: Rabbit teeth

Question
rabbit
rabbit  

rabbit 2
rabbit 2  
Dear Sir / Mdm

I had a male rabbit. It 1 year old now. I notice that he eat a little foods. I discover my rabbit teeth poking out. It this normal? Please help.

Answer
Hi

I'm afraid that's not normal at all. Your rabbit has malocclusion, his teeth do not line up correctly. Most likely a genetic problem. You need to visit a vet IMMEDIATELY and I would recommend discussing having his front teeth removed as otherwise you need to go to the vet every 4-6 weeks to have them burred back down. Rabbits do very well without their front teeth.

But you do need to go to a vet immediately, do not allow the vet to cut the teeth as this can shatter the tooth right down into the jaw. This is not fixable at home and this will not get better on its own. Without being able to eat properly your rabbit will suffer, even die, from malnutrition.

Good luck!
Cat

Rabbits

Cat