Rabbits/bunny diarrhea

I found a baby bunny approx. 2 months old, I have had her inside 3 weeks and she has been fine.  I came home from 6 hrs at work and she wasn't as perky, went to cuddle her noticed small bit of runny poo.
Within 2 hrs of that she was covered in diarrhea.  I have tried forcing water with a dropper she is still just blah.
She fights me giving her water but she changed  so quickly and now 4 hrs later still alive but won't drink unless I force it.
Went online to get help since no vets work on bunnies where I live and they suggested sugar/salt h20 every hour.  She is precious and just want to help her get better.  Thank you so much for what ever help you can supply

Hi Kelli!

Two things I'd recommend trying asap - if you have a pet supply store nearby, call and see if they have a product called critical care. It's a shredded mix that is added to water and syringe fed - full of nutrients and will get her some nutrition.
Second thing to try - baby food. Also nutritious, and comes in flavors they like.

Also make sure a steady supply of hay is available.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.