Rabbits/Rabbit mastitis/clogged nipples

How do I help my mama rabbit?  She has engorged ducts and blood blisters on some of her nipples.  I have tried warm compresses and gently massaging to help milk flow but it didn't seem to help at all.

Also, What do I feed the babies in the mean time, they are about 10 or 11 days old.

You can feed the babies a kitten formula.

This is a decent brand:

As for mamma - please take her to the vet. I would be doing the same thing you're doing, and if that's not helping you need to seek professional assistance.

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.