Rabbits/rabbit question

I had my rabbit sprayed on Thursday. Since then i have not seen her eat.  I see her drink water but not food. And when i cuddle with her i can hear her stomach grumbled.  I dont know what to do. Where planning today to see the vet. And see what we can do.  Also  we have been giving her pain medicine twice a day.

ANSWER: Hello there! Sorry to hear you're having some trouble after a spay. It's not uncommon.

First things first, there are some questions that will help me answer your inquiry - do you see any of her cecotrophes (night droppings)? If she's eating those then she's still in pretty good shape. Do you keep hay out for her to have access to all the time? What do her poops look like? It's possible she may be eating when you're not around... you know, performance anxiety.
Also, were you prescribed any benebac to go along with the pain medication? What medication, and how much, have you been giving her?

For the record, the stomach grumbling is actually a normal sound. That's how you tell her gut is still moving things through, so it's actually good that you're hearing that noise.

QUESTION: Oh okay. I have seen some poop. Not a lot.  Her poop is very small and squishy looking.  Yes she has  hay and  dried food with her.  Its just i haven't refilled her food try since Thursday. Its been the same.  The medicine is called Ketofen/Val 10mg/ml. And its 0.5ml twice a day. Every 12 hours for 5 days.  And no i didn't get any other medicine.  I just bought her fresh veggies to eat. Some celery and a little bit of apple pieces. She doesn't seem interested in them. She only eat a little bit of it. Because i couddle with her and then put it infront of her.

Small and squishy... not a great sign, but not the worst. If you're not refilling her food tray, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Bunnies don't have pellets in the wild. Are you refilling her hay? That's the important part.

Ask your vet for some benebac. It's a yellow goo... sounds gross, but the bunnies LOVE it. It will help with keeping the gut stimulated (it keeps the balance of flora in their intestines needed for proper digestion).

Fresh veggies - I wouldn't give her celery or apples. Celery is all water and apples are all sugar. The list of things they can eat is extensive, so pace yourself and don't get overwhelmed with the below list. Only introduce one thing at a time so your bun doesn't get an upset tummy. Try a few of these, as they're more nutritious:

I like to abide by the rule of 1/2 cup of fresh greens per pound of bunny, per day. Not necessarily all at once – you can split it up into feedings – but it does a bun-body good. There are a few things to note here:
If you feed your bunnies greens that are just rinsed and still wet, it can end up substituting for water consumption.
If your bun has strange poo, you may need to adjust the overall amount of greens you feed by more or less.
Organic and pesticide free is better if you can find it, but don’t break the bank attempting to do so. Utilize farmers markets when you can to get fresh local produce that your bun will love.
The list of stuff they can eat is exhaustive. Only introduce one selection at a time so that if anything upsets your buns tum you can cross it off the list.

GREENS: Fennel, Celery Sticks, Peppers, Radishes (and tops), Asparagus, Rosso Lettuce, Ruccola Salad, Lollo Lettuce, Beets (and tops), Squash (no seeds), Artichoke, Pumpkin, Pea Pods, Alfalfa Sprouts, Bok Choy, Brussels Sprouts, Escarole, “Salad Mix” (avoid iceberg and other watery lettuces), Okra, Radicchio, Wheat Grass, Mustard,
*The following should be given in small doses as they have high water content or could cause bloat: Tomato (no seeds), Cucumber, Kohlrabi, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Spinach

HERBS: Rosemary, Sage, Dill, Basil, Parsley, Oregano, Peppermint, Cilantro, Lavender, Tarragon, Lemon Balm, Thyme, Chamomile, Nettle (only dried), Dandelion, Mustard Greens, Comfrey, Caraway, Salad Burnet, Chervil, Lovage, Lady’s Smock, Borage, Clover (small amounts), Chickweed, Chicory, Cleavers, Fennel, Savory

FLOWER/GREEN: Coltsfoot, Vetches, Great Plantain, Lady’s Mantle, Daylily, Bishop’s Goutweed, Daisies, Heartsease, Fireweed, Sunflower, Indian Cress, Marigold, Woodland Geranium, Rose (petals and hips – no spray), Jerusalem Artichoke, Hyssop, Dame’s Rocket, Hibiscus, Marshmallow, Nasturtium, Pineapple Weed, Safflower

FRUIT/VEGGIE/OTHER: Should always be in small amounts because of high sugar content. Strawberries (and leaves), Raspberries (and leaves), Blackberries (and leaves), Blueberries (and heath), Cowberries (and heath), Banana, Pineapple, Apple (no core and no seeds), Grapes, Pear (no seeds), Mango, Watermelon (no seeds), Orange (no peel), Papaya, Peaches, Carrots (and tops), Parsnip, Mullein (leaves), Purslane, Apricot, Fig, Huckleberries, Kiwi, Loganberries, Nectarine, Persimmon (no seeds), Plum (no pit), Zucchini  

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.