Rabbits/Moxie Pest Control

Question
Hello Dr. Krempels,

I hope you're well. You've helped me with my rabbit questions in the past and I'm hoping you'll be able to help me again. I have two Holland Lops, one 6 years and the other 9 months. I have never allowed any kind of pest control in my bedroom, where my rabbits live. The person I live with is bullying me into having Moxie Pest Control not just in the house, but in my room. He insists that their product is plant based and pet safe. I don't trust a pest control company that is obviously trying to sell their product, so I've come to you. Do you know anything about Moxie in particular? Have they even ever been tested safe for rabbits? What are your thoughts on the whole situation?

Thank you for your help,

Dana

Answer
Dear Dana,

Don't do it.  Just because it's "plant based" doesn't mean it's safe!  Plants produce LOTS of toxic compounds that harm herbivores.

Stand your ground.  It's your space.  Your health and your bunny's.  Your choice.

Don't get me started on the evils of pest control.  There are SO many reasons NOT to spray for pests on a regular basis that I could fill a textbook.  It's just a way these pest control companies make money on making us sick.

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.