Rabbits/Trouble finding cataract help

FaerieDogmother wrote at 2015-12-11 12:02:30
Hi, I just wanted to add that I used Ocluvet on my dog who pretty much couldn't see me across a small room, vet said she was incontinent but I realized she just couldn't see to go outside at night and as it progressed, sometimes during the day. Anyway I used the ocluvet drops 3x day for 4 months and then 1x for 5 more. Her eye check was 100% clear and she was fine - could see me from any distance and never peed at night again- she was able to go outside any time. I'm using it on my other dog now and have added MSM (carrier) to help the antioxidants carry it deeper into the eye. I aleays felt like it needed a better carrier but the formula is the best I've seen w/o making my own. I have all my eye product research on my website at Will update if I see results w/this dog  - although she couldn't catch balls thrown at her but after 2 months of 3x/day she's 75% better. So she's def. better. My point is whomever is reading this for advice might want to consider 3x day for more than the month they recommend.  Note: by adding (Rich's) MSM it doesn't sting as much either. I test everything on myself first.  

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.

I've lived with companion rabbits for more than 35 years, and consider them members of my family. I can answer any questions about the biology and health of rabbits, from the commonplace to the unusual. But please note:

RULE #1:

Find a rabbit vet at for immediate help, and don't risk your bunny's life by spending time asking questions online! If you can't get in touch with your vet, read these Emergency Sick Bunny Instructions.

If you have found a wild baby rabbit, please read these EMERGENCY INSTRUCTIONS FOR WILD BABY RABBITS and then use this link to FIND A LOCAL WILDLIFE REHABILITATOR who can give you the right advice.

RULE #2:
Help me help you! Please make your subject line informative if you have an urgent question. then LET ME KNOW IN THE SUBJECT LINE so I can give your question highest priority over non-urgent questions. If you don't do this, then I can't guarantee timely assistance!

For all the best, most accurate rabbit health, care and behavior information, visit The House Rabbit Society.

I have been rescuing and rehabilitating domestic and wild rabbits for about 30 years. I have written articles for many rabbit rescue publications, as well as for the veterinary journal, Exotic DVM. I own EtherBun, the internet's largest listserve dedicated to health, care, and behavior of domestic rabbits.

Houserabbit Adoption, Rescue, and Education, Inc. (H.A.R.E., Inc.) president National House Rabbit Society (Board member)

Exotic DVM
Warren Peace (Journal of the House Rabbit Society of Miami)
Various newsletters of the House Rabbit Society, nationwide

Ph.D - Biology
B.S. - Biology
B.A. - English

Lightspan Academic Excellence Award for web site on rabbit health and biology