Rabbits/New bunny not eating

Hello, I just recently got a new bunny. The store said it was bout 4 months, if I remember correctly. The animal was very nice in the store. Upon getting it home, it became very scared. It does not appear to be eating or drinking, either. She was eating his bedding, but I didn't think that was good, so I removed the bedding and put in a towel to lay on. I was trying to feed her the rabbit food, but with no luck. I just don't think that it not eating is very good. She also has pooped very little and I don't even think it has urinated since we got her.

Critical care is sold at most pet stores. Mix it with warm water and try to syringe feed. If that doesn't work, try mixing it with some baby food. You can also try introducing some greens to see if your bun is interested - that would give both nutritional and water content.

Hope this answers your question, and best of luck!

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.