Rabbits/Very sick bunny nearest vet 5 hours away

Question
I know he needs a vet but we don't have access right now!
He is very lethargic will lay down on his side for long periods of time like he is paralysed. Then will all of a sudden get back up eat some food rabbit mix veggies etc we have been syringing water into his mouth, he has lost some weight.
He eyes are weepy.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jessica

Answer
Dear Jess,

It is impossible for me to guess what might be wrong without seeing him.  There are literally hundreds of possibilities.  I hope this will help you at least figure out what to do:

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/sickbun.html

Top possibilities are:  dental problems interfering with his eating; infection; and in Australia, myxomatosis.  I hope it's not the latter.

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.