Rabbits/Flowing eyes

My bunnies eyes are flowing and kind of red. We keep her in a stable passage with opened 'windows'. maybe it is the air flowing or dust..? What can I do? It is hard to get to the eyes when she is always closing..

Could be several things - she could be having an allergic reaction to something in the environment (allergy season, dust from bedding, dander from other animals nearby, etc.), she could have an irritant in there (a bit of hay or dirt that isn't clearing out), or it could be something more serious like a dental issue or an abscess.

A gentle home remedy that might work - depending on what's wrong with her - is a chamomile wipe. Brew some chamomile tea and let it cool, then take a soft wash cloth and get it damp with the tea, then GENTLY wipe the eyes and surrounding area. If it's not getting any better in a few days, you definitely need to take her to the vet.

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.