Rabbits/Sick bunny, puzzled vet

Question
I asked questions about my rabbit earlier but now I have some updates and more urgent questions. Recap: My Holland lop is a 4 1/2 year old female. For a while now she has been drinking way too much water and losing weight. She is still happy and still has her usual amount of energy and still eating. I took her to the vet and they did an fecal test and a blood test, the results showed no parasites and no kidney or liver failure, but there was a high white blood cell count. My vet had me give her some antibiotics for two weeks and she is definitely not drinking as much water as she was but she has lost even more weight now. I have no idea what's going on and I'm worried. I had another bunny that past away awhile back and he had the same symptoms, except he barely ate. What else could my bunny possibly have? My vet said maybe e-cuniculi? Do you know what else it could be?

Answer
Hi Emily
Sorry to hear your bun still isn't well.

I would talk to your vet about putting your bun on a course of Panacur in case it is e-cuniculi (EC), although EC should show up in tests. I think it's a 28 day dose to cover all stages of the parasite.

High white blood cells usually indicate his little body is fighting some kind of infection, somewhere, it can also be triggered by stress too. I'm hoping the anti-biotics may help him.

I would also do a full spring clean and disinfect of his housing, just in case!!

Sorry I can't be of much help, but do keep in contact with your vet and keep an eye on your bun's fecal output too. If he starts to become compacted or dehydrated he may need to go on a drip or need to go into the vets for a stay to be monitored.

Good luck little bunny!
Cat

Rabbits

Cat