Rabbits/help me, please

I have a female rabbit and i think she is a bit young. A friend of mine bought them for my birthday and she was very friendly until recently she's not been eating well and choosey. And the past few days she became aggresive and ran away from me everytime she sees me, usually, she would ran towards me and ask for petting and stroking. She even stomps her feet to get me away. I've recently modified her cage whilst she is still in it and i assume that she is stressed out or felt like her territory is being intrude. And if so, how can i calm her down. Plus, i haven't got her spayed or neutured yet.

Dear Thexandriaa

"A bit young" doesn't tell me whether she is possibly sexually mature or not.  But she is behaving like a bunny who is having a false pregnancy, or just expressing the moods and emotions brought on by sexual maturity.  A bunny in false pregnancy will be grouchy and sometimes aggressive until she "gives birth" (about 17-20 days after the onset of the condition).  At this point, she'll make a nest and tend it for a day or two, then forget about it.  She'll become very cuddly again...until the next false pregnancy.

To stop the cycle of aggression and moodiness, she should be spayed.  This involves removal of the uterus and ovaries, and will also prevent uterine cancer (a high risk in unspayed female rabbits) and reduce the chance of other hormone-related illnesses (e.g., mammary problems).  You will need a vet who is experienced with rabbits, and can do this surgery safely.  Use the veterinarian  listings linked here:

or check

For the best information on proper care of your new friend, please visit the House Rabbit Society:

I hope this helps!

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.

I've lived with companion rabbits for more than 35 years, and consider them members of my family. I can answer any questions about the biology and health of rabbits, from the commonplace to the unusual. But please note:

RULE #1:

Find a rabbit vet at for immediate help, and don't risk your bunny's life by spending time asking questions online! If you can't get in touch with your vet, read these Emergency Sick Bunny Instructions.

If you have found a wild baby rabbit, please read these EMERGENCY INSTRUCTIONS FOR WILD BABY RABBITS and then use this link to FIND A LOCAL WILDLIFE REHABILITATOR who can give you the right advice.

RULE #2:
Help me help you! Please make your subject line informative if you have an urgent question. then LET ME KNOW IN THE SUBJECT LINE so I can give your question highest priority over non-urgent questions. If you don't do this, then I can't guarantee timely assistance!

For all the best, most accurate rabbit health, care and behavior information, visit The House Rabbit Society.

I have been rescuing and rehabilitating domestic and wild rabbits for about 30 years. I have written articles for many rabbit rescue publications, as well as for the veterinary journal, Exotic DVM. I own EtherBun, the internet's largest listserve dedicated to health, care, and behavior of domestic rabbits.

Houserabbit Adoption, Rescue, and Education, Inc. (H.A.R.E., Inc.) president National House Rabbit Society (Board member)

Exotic DVM
Warren Peace (Journal of the House Rabbit Society of Miami)
Various newsletters of the House Rabbit Society, nationwide

Ph.D - Biology
B.S. - Biology
B.A. - English

Lightspan Academic Excellence Award for web site on rabbit health and biology