Rabbits/Lump on Bunny

Mary\'s Lump
Mary's Lump  

Mary\'s Lump
Mary's Lump  
My 3 yr old Holland Lop has a lump between her eye and ear.  It seems to be somewhat itchy. Just spent about a $1,000.on one of our cats in Dec. so money is very tight. wondering, how badly she should see a vet and if it will have a positive outcome. The Lump seems firm not squishy about the size of a marble or so.

I attempted to take a photo not sure how good it will turn out for you.

Thank you So much for time

That looks a bit like a cyst - though the picture is a little hard to decipher. I would recommend seeing a vet only because of the strong need for an antibiotic. Because of the size, they may lance it to drain it as well.

Best of luck Kathy, and I hope this helped.

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.