Rabbits/Rabbits

Question
Hello,

Would like to know if mini lop rabbits can spin on a wheel like a hamster?

Thanks

Answer
Helana,

I don't think so. Those wheels are usually a little small for a rabbit which could cause back injury, and since they don't "walk" in that sort of sense I don't see it being practical for exercise like it would be for mice, rats, or hamsters. If you're worried about exercising your bun, I can offer a few suggestions:

-Bunny proof your home and let your bun out for supervised play time every day. Before I was able to set up my bunnies as free-range, I had to do this. Kind of a pain, but the Bunny 500 racing you end up seeing makes it totally worth it.

-Obstacle courses. If your bunny is up to it (and not all are), obstacle courses are a great way to challenge them and give them time to work out their extra energy. The courses are set up similar to what you see dogs doing in shows and it includes jumps, ramps, tunnels... a bunny dream.

Hope this helps!

Christine

Rabbits

Christine Whetstone