Rabbits/9 week old mini lop snoring

Question
Hello Cat

I bought home a 9 week old mini lop 2 days ago and he's been sleeping inside my room with me but I have noticed that he snores?

Its not constant throughout the whole night, he tends to snore for less than 5mins during his sleep then stops and sleeps normally. It occurs every time he falls asleep, I hear him snore for a few minutes.

Is this normal/ok for a baby bun to snore when he sleeps?

Thanks
Tammy

Answer
Hi Tammy

I'm hoping the noise is nothing, but it could also be the onset of an upper respiratory problem. If there's no noisy breathing when he isn't asleep though I'm hoping it's nothing!

It would be worth getting him checked by the a good bunny savvy vet within the next few days in any case, just to check everything over as he's new.

Cat

Rabbits

Cat