Rabbits/Lionhead rabbit breed colors

Lionhead buck senior (Simba)
Lionhead buck senior (  
QUESTION: Believe it or not, I can't find out what color my lionhead rabbits are.

ANSWER: Unfortunately from that picture its very hard to tell.. is it possible for you to get a picture in better light of the whole animal as well as one of his face? The lighting is very dark and the picture is so close I can not be sure. My guess would be either a non extension agouti or a tort, but would need clearer pictures to be sure :)

Senior Buck Lionhead
Senior Buck Lionhead  
QUESTION: What color is my lionhead rabbit?

Hi Alexanndria,

I apologize for the lateness in this reply. The site unfortunately did not inform me that you had sent an additional picture! I just happened to notice it today.

From the new picture (Still a little bit dark to make a 100% ID) I would say that your buck is a siamese sable.

Shawn Evans

I can answer questions regarding ARBA, showing rabbits, genetic diseases and faults, medical care, raising meat rabbits, questions regarding different breeds, questions regarding diet, questions regarding color and color hereditary traits (breeding for color and pattern) and general questions about rabbits.

I am currently a breeder and exhibitor of English Lops and Tans in ARBA and have raised several breeds. I have both indoor rabbits and an outdoor rabbitry. I have raised rabbits for meat, and I have raised rabbits for top show competitions. I am especially well versed in color genetics and have written several articles regarding color and hereditary traits.

American Rabbit Breeders Association American Tan Association Lop Rabbit Club of America North Carolina Rabbit Breeders Association

Bachelor of Animal Sciences/Husbandry with a strong focus in genetics.