Rabbits/My Rabbit doesn't drink water

Question
Hello, I have a one year old female rabbit her name is Lua, a week ago she started to behave really weird, she normally runs around and jumps in my bed to be with me, but she stopped and she was really serious and running from me so I gave her space I thought maybe it was hormones but then she started to stay only in the patio where I have her stuff (even though I have an specific area where she stays she's free unless there's no one home) and then I noticed that she stopeed drinking water and she's eating more but her attitude is not the same she doesnt look like a happy bunny and I'm really scared and worried about her is this normal? I'm more than willing to take her to an expert if necessary she's my life

Answer
Hi Lorien,

I would take her to the vet.  Any time a rabbit has a change in behavior it is usually indicative that there is something wrong.  If she is not drinking any water she wouldn't be eating.  They wont eat if they don't have access to water.  I would make sure to take her to an exotic specialist so that you can get a full blood work up.  

I really don't know why she would be acting this why but it is very concerning if you are noticing a change in behavior.

I hope everything works out for you.

Pam

Rabbits

Paula Murdock-Briggs

I am a licensed American Rabbit Breeders Registrar. I do not show rabbits anymore nor do I breed them. I do believe it is important that people that chose to breed rabbits do so with only purebred and genetically sound animals or that they have a thorough understanding of genetics prior to breeding. I have chosen to keep my registars license to help the 4H youth in my area. I do stay current on all breeds, varieties, show rules, regulations of the ARBA. I have spent the past 8 years focusing on rescuing and caring for PET bunnies who were no longer wanted. I am the current CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I was appointed CEO of the rescue organization and sanctuary in 2008. We gained our 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption status in 2012. We have taken on the task of rescuing unwanted PET rabbits as well as some farm animals. I teach genetics and health to the local youth as well as register and promote the breeding of only purebred and genetically sound animals. I rescue PET rabbits. These are rabbits that lived in peoples homes and were either surrendered to us or sent to the auction for meat. While I believe that all bunnies should be pets, I understand that people raise them for other reasons. I will answer questions from anyone, regardless of their purpose. I will reject any questions that are considered unethical or inhumane.

Little Angels Animal Sanctuary.

President and CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I have over 10 years of experience working closely with a veterinarian that treats rabbits. We have studied and treated nearly every illness that can affect rabbits.