Rabbits/my rabbit is sick

Question
Hi what can I give my bunny he's been sick for awhile and I'm not sure if he has a cold in his eye because it's closing and the other eye is fine and also he's breathing heavy and he has a runny nose and won't eat much or drink much but I was wondering if there is something I can give him instead of taking him to a vet since I do not have the money for that

Answer
Brittany,

This could be a dental issue, or it could be an infection. Without knowing more about the cause, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending any kind of home cure. Unfortunately you might have to bite the bullet on this one, even just to get a diagnosis.

A dental issue could end up meaning teeth need to be filed down, or even removed completely. Not something that could be done at home without causing some major stress to your bun.
An infection means antibiotics and pro-biotics, but is slightly more likely to be "curable" at home than teeth, however with only one eye closing... I'm almost leaning towards a dental issue.

Try looking into Care Credit - it's a line of credit specifically for medical expenses, and veterinarian services are included in approved expenditures. You could also look into a gofundme or some other fundraising page to collect needed funds.

Best of luck!

Christine

Rabbits

Christine Whetstone