Rabbits/Thick hard dry skin on rabbits chin

Dry Skin
Dry Skin  
Hello Pam

I've recently bought home a mini lop and he is now 12 weeks, I noticed that he's got really thick hard dry skin under his chin and I don't know what it is or what caused it. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it and get his skin back to normal? He is still eating and drinking as he normally does.
I'll attach a picture for you to see.

Hi Tammy,

It could be fungal or it could be a tooth issue that is causing him to drool.  At 3 months old I really doubt that he has molar spurs.

Since it is on his chin and not on his lips I recommend a product called Healx Soother Plus.  It is a cream that you apply to the area and rub it in twice a day.  It is non toxic and all natural.  It is actually pretty amazing stuff.  I have seen it cure everything from ringworm to gaping open wounds that would have normally been a death sentence.  If you apply it regularly that area should be cleared up pretty quickly.

You can find it on Amazon here:

Let me know if it works for you.

Paula Murdock-Briggs

I am a licensed American Rabbit Breeders Registrar. I do not show rabbits anymore nor do I breed them. I do believe it is important that people that chose to breed rabbits do so with only purebred and genetically sound animals or that they have a thorough understanding of genetics prior to breeding. I have chosen to keep my registars license to help the 4H youth in my area. I do stay current on all breeds, varieties, show rules, regulations of the ARBA. I have spent the past 8 years focusing on rescuing and caring for PET bunnies who were no longer wanted. I am the current CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I was appointed CEO of the rescue organization and sanctuary in 2008. We gained our 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption status in 2012. We have taken on the task of rescuing unwanted PET rabbits as well as some farm animals. I teach genetics and health to the local youth as well as register and promote the breeding of only purebred and genetically sound animals. I rescue PET rabbits. These are rabbits that lived in peoples homes and were either surrendered to us or sent to the auction for meat. While I believe that all bunnies should be pets, I understand that people raise them for other reasons. I will answer questions from anyone, regardless of their purpose. I will reject any questions that are considered unethical or inhumane.

Little Angels Animal Sanctuary.

President and CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I have over 10 years of experience working closely with a veterinarian that treats rabbits. We have studied and treated nearly every illness that can affect rabbits.