Rabbits/Rabbit

Question
Hello my rabbits are not friends so we separated them however buster managed to get out and bite blizzard and now blizzard has a torn ear there was a little bit of blood but it's dried and hasent  bleed since he's eating fine jumps everywhere but he also runs most of the time when im near him I've only had them for a month

Answer
Hi Ella,

I am not really sure what your question is.  Bunnies cannot be together unless they are properly bonded or else they will fight as you have found out.  If his ear is clean and doesn't look infected it will probably be fine.  We have found a wonderful cream that can be used on bunnies wounds that you can buy without a prescription and it really is amazing.  It is called Healx Soother and you can find it here:

http://www.exoticdvm.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=healx.testimonials

http://store.harrisonsbirdfoods.com/SOOTHER-PLUS-CREAM/productinfo/SOOTHER/

I am not associated with this company but I have used this on rabbits who would have otherwise taken months to recover.  I recommend that all rabbit owners have this on hand to deal with any wounds.

Again I am not sure what you are asking but I wish you and your bunny good luck.

Pam  

Rabbits

Paula Murdock-Briggs

I am a licensed American Rabbit Breeders Registrar. I do not show rabbits anymore nor do I breed them. I do believe it is important that people that chose to breed rabbits do so with only purebred and genetically sound animals or that they have a thorough understanding of genetics prior to breeding. I have chosen to keep my registars license to help the 4H youth in my area. I do stay current on all breeds, varieties, show rules, regulations of the ARBA. I have spent the past 8 years focusing on rescuing and caring for PET bunnies who were no longer wanted. I am the current CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I was appointed CEO of the rescue organization and sanctuary in 2008. We gained our 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption status in 2012. We have taken on the task of rescuing unwanted PET rabbits as well as some farm animals. I teach genetics and health to the local youth as well as register and promote the breeding of only purebred and genetically sound animals. I rescue PET rabbits. These are rabbits that lived in peoples homes and were either surrendered to us or sent to the auction for meat. While I believe that all bunnies should be pets, I understand that people raise them for other reasons. I will answer questions from anyone, regardless of their purpose. I will reject any questions that are considered unethical or inhumane.

Little Angels Animal Sanctuary.

President and CEO of Little Angels Animal Sanctuary, Inc. I have over 10 years of experience working closely with a veterinarian that treats rabbits. We have studied and treated nearly every illness that can affect rabbits.