Rabbits/type of rabbit

Question
my bunnies
my bunnies  
Hi,I got 2 rabbits from a friend.While learning more about them on the net, a small doubt crept into my mind whether they are actually domestic or could they be wild.
They are very sweet and lovable, follows me whenever I'm around.I can send you pictures if necessary.They were about 2 months when I got them, now they are 3months.

😥Anush

Answer
Dear Anush,

If these were wild rabbits, they would not be so cuddly and calm and affectionate.  They look like mixed breed bunnies with some Dutch genes (as indicated by the white facial markings and shoulder bars).  But the main color is certainly wild type agouti, which is very pretty.

For all the best information about the proper care of your new friends, please visit:

http://www.rabbit.org/

I wish you many years of love and friendship with your bunnies!

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.