Rabbits/Breed of rabbit

Question
Rabbit ears
Rabbit ears  

Rabbit ears
Rabbit ears  
Hi, I just rescued a younger bunny and was wondering what breed it was? I was told it was a mini lop but her ears don't always stay down. They mainly go to the side, but not all the way down.

Answer
Dear Brenda,

Lop rabbits, especially those of mixed heritage (both parents not lops) can take a while before their ears lop all the way down, and sometimes they never do.  Lop babies take 6-12 weeks, in some cases, before their ears drop.

The color is adorable harlequin.  But your baby might be part mini-lop or part other breeds, and end up to be a "helicopter" (ears out sideways) or a unicorn (one ear up, one ear down).  More important than her breed is her personality, of course.   :)

Thank you for taking in this little one.  I wish you many years of love together!

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.