Rabbits/marking territory

I got a female Holland lop bunny (now 5 months old) a couple of months ago for companionship for my NEUTERED 1 year old highland lop bunny and things were going great! I noticed the last couple of weeks that it looks like she's marking her territory (not with her urine thank god) but with her poop, I know its her b/c of the size of them, there are piles of at least 20-30 poops everywhere! Do you think if I have her spayed this would settle her down? Also what vegtables do you recommend are safe to feed them daily, all the web sites contradict themselves. Thank You for your Time

Your girl bun is reaching "that age", so it's very possible this is marking her territory. Is she being aggressive at all? How is your highland doing?

As for the greens...
--I like to abide by the rule of 1/2-1 cup of fresh greens per pound of bunny, per day. Not necessarily all at once – you can split it up into feedings – but it does a bun-body good. Organic and pesticide free is better if you can find it, but don’t break the bank attempting to do so. Utilize farmers markets when you can to get fresh local produce that your bun will love.
--If you feed your bunnies greens that are just rinsed and still wet, it can end up substituting for water consumption, so account for that if you regularly monitor their water intake.
--If your bun has strange poo, you may need to adjust the overall amount of greens, or it could be a disagreement with one particular type of greens (not all bunnies like or can tolerate everything, which is why you found websites that contradict each other). Please only introduce one selection at a time so that if anything upsets your buns tum you can cross it off the list.

Here is a list of the greens that are safe:

*The following should only be given in small doses as they have high water content or could cause bloat...Tomato (no seeds), Cucumber, Kohlrabi, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Spinach

HERBS: Rosemary, Sage, Dill, Basil, Parsley, Oregano, Peppermint, Cilantro, Lavender, Tarragon, Lemon Balm, Thyme, Chamomile, Nettle (only dried), Dandelion, Mustard Greens, Comfrey, Caraway, Salad Burnet, Chervil, Lovage, Lady’s Smock, Borage, Clover (small amounts), Chickweed, Chicory, Cleavers, Fennel, Savory

FLOWER/ROUGHAGE: Coltsfoot, Vetches, Great Plantain, Lady’s Mantle, Daylily, Bishop’s Goutweed, Daisies, Heartsease, Fireweed, Sunflower, Indian Cress, Marigold, Woodland Geranium, Rose (only petals and hips), Jerusalem Artichoke, Hyssop, Dame’s Rocket, Hibiscus, Marshmallow, Nasturtium, Pineapple Weed, Safflower, Orchid

GREENS: Fennel, Celery Sticks, Peppers, Radishes (and tops), Asparagus, Rosso Lettuce, Ruccola Salad, Lollo Lettuce, Beets (and tops), Squash (no seeds), Artichoke, Pumpkin, Pea Pods, Alfalfa Sprouts, Bok Choy, Brussels Sprouts, Escarole, “Salad Mix” (avoid iceberg and other watery lettuces), Okra, Radicchio, Wheat Grass, Mustard,

FRUIT/VEGGIE/OTHER: Should always be in small amounts because of high sugar content. Strawberries (and leaves), Raspberries (and leaves), Blackberries (and leaves), Blueberries (and heath), Cowberries (and heath), Banana, Pineapple, Apple (no core and no seeds), Grapes, Pear (no seeds), Mango, Watermelon (no seeds), Orange (no peel), Papaya, Peaches, Carrots (and tops), Parsnip, Mullein (leaves), Purslane, Apricot, Fig, Huckleberries, Kiwi, Loganberries, Nectarine, Persimmon (no seeds), Plum (no pit), Zucchini

Hope this helps!

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.