Rabbits/Snuffles

Advertisement


Question
My pet bunny was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection March 14. We had already planned and paid for vacation so we went and had our pet sitter medicate her. We were supposed to dose her for two weeks but we are almost out of the medication about a week later. Will she be okay when the medication runs out? What is our best course of action? She is about 4 months and has not been fixed yet (planned to happen soon).

Answer
Sophia,

I would be more concerned over the fact that her dosage was way too high than if she'll be alright after the meds are gone. Since she's still around, I'd say you're probably in the clear. Your best course of action is to observe her and see if the symptoms return. That's really all you can do for now.

I'm sorry my answer isn't better, but this is definitely a "wait and see" scenario. Best of luck!

Christine

Rabbits

All Answers


Answers by Expert:


Ask Experts

Volunteer


Christine Whetstone

Expertise

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

Experience

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

Organizations
House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Publications
http://ilovemyhouserabbit.com/

Education/Credentials
Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.

©2016 About.com. All rights reserved.