Rabbits/Rabbit stool

Hi, my female 9 month fuzzy lop rabbit is pooping stool covered in a yellowish/clear like gel. She wasn't eating last night or this morning so I gave her 5mL of emeraid. She is eating now and moving, but I just saw the poop and it happened after the emeraid. Should I be concerned or could it be a result of the high fiber content of the formula?

This is a little concerning, because obviously it's not normal. High fiber content would make her poo more firm, but I've not ever heard or experienced that it would cause this gel to form. It's possible this was making its way through her system as you gave her the emeraid, so that poo may "predate" the meds. What are the poos looking like now?

If they're still covered in this gel, grab a few as a sample for the vet and get her in to see the doctor asap.

Hope this helps!

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.