Rabbits/Wild rabbit

Question
We have two wild rabbits in our back yard. One has started being very wobbly like vertigo. What could be wrong and what If anything should I do. We have a cat and a dog.

Answer
Char,

It could be a bacterial infection. One in particular causes head tilt which would lead to walking like it had vertigo.
Other possible causes include malnourishment, dehydration, or a possible injury.

Since it's a wild rabbit, you can do one of two things:

1) Let nature take its course
2) Attempt to catch it and take it to a local wildlife refuge where they can diagnose the problem and determine the proper course of care

Best of luck and let me know if I can help further!

Christine

Rabbits

Christine Whetstone