we have some weaned bunnies that keep on dying, they have this yellow jelly looking clear poop, and diarrhea so i'm not sure whats going on. we had bought some rabbits from outside and when figured out that there were a prob with them we got rid of all of them. but now i have bunnies that are dying every day.  what can i do please thank you and God Bless.

I have a few questions:

How old are these bunnies that you're weaning?
Where did you buy them?

Answering these questions will help me get more insight, but just off of what you've told me I believe you're separating them from mamma too early. You need to keep them with their mother longer and gradually introduce solid foods.

The other thing that comes to mind that it could be is intestinal parasites, but because you mention the weaning and the fact that this is a different rabbit that was bred, I'm less inclined to think it's this scenario.

In any case you'll need to take them to the vet immediately - like, tonight. Diarrhea in a baby rabbit is, as you've observed, almost always fatal unless treated as soon as possible.

Hope this helps!

Christine Whetstone

I am not an expert on wild rabbits, only domesticated rabbits. I can answer questions regarding habitats, behavior, diet, health, pairing/bonding - pretty much anything having to do with owning a rabbit.

I've owned indoor rabbits for the last 10 years. During that time I've gained experience in areas like bonding exercises, understanding behavior, warning signs of sick bunnies, how to handle more serious illnesses (GI stasis, abscesses, eye problems, etc.) and more. It's rare that I come across an inquiry that I do not already know the answer to.

House Rabbit Society, supporter of local rabbit rescues

Personal experience beats the pants off of a degree, in my opinion.