Rabbits/Deaf

Question
QUESTION: Ok I have tried snapping at the ears and sneaking up and clapping and he just doesn't respond at all I want to know if this is just him or is he deaf

ANSWER: Raleigh,

It sounds like your bun is, at the very least, very hard of hearing, and quite possibly is deaf. Lops have issues with hearing - what breed is your bunny?

In any case, deaf doesn't mean your bun can't enjoy a good quality of life. I'd recommend flipping a light switch on and off when you enter the room to avoid startling him (don't want to cause a heart attack).

Best,

Christine

Sparky
Sparky  
QUESTION: I think he is an English spot and he lives outside But I'm thinking of taking him inside should I do that because I don't live by myself

Answer
Raleigh,

I always support bringing a bun inside. They're prey animals by nature and as such, are skiddish (fight or flight response). Bringing your bun inside will definitely make him more at ease, and I think you'll end up appreciating your bunny's quirks and fun moments that much more with him indoors.

Christine

Rabbits

Christine Whetstone