Rabbits/Albino bunny

Question
I have a 9 week old REW English Lop. I've only had him for 2 days but I have a questions about something he does. I know some REW rabbit scan to get a better look at things around them. But he seems to go into a trance for 15-20 seconds before seemingly snapping out of it. Is this normal? He's got a checkup appointment with my local vet in on Monday so I'm planning to ask them about this as well.

Answer
Dear Jackie,

This question is dated 6/23, but I just now got it!  AllExperts site is sometimes a little wonky.  Sorry for the delay.

By now, the vet has checked out your boy and probably told you there is nothing wrong--at least with respect to his "trancing".  Does he scan?  This isn't the same as going into a trance.  

Note that an albino English Lop is probably pretty inbred, so you might expect some congenital anomalies that aren't dangerous to his health.  I hope he will be with you for many years of love and cuddles!

Dana

Rabbits

Dana Krempels, Ph.D.