Rabbits/how to heel my bunny broken bone

HI I have a bunny that's about 10 weeks .. but today he jump and broke the bone of one of his finger the bone is visible  .what can I do to heal him this is my first bunny .. I was trying to take him to the vet but is to much money,please help me heal him :(

Hi Jessica

Unfortunately your only option here is to go to a good exotic bunny vet, it does cost a lot of money but that's all you can do for your bunny. If the bone is visible it's going to be extremely painful and at high risk of getting infected - an infection like that can spread to the whole limb or kill the bunny. The longer the bunny is left without vet care, the more expensive potential vets bills will get!

I would recommend seeing if you can borrow some money from family or if the vets will let you pay in installments, but right now the priority is going to the vet!

Good luck!

I can answer questions around the welfare of pet rabbits, basic health queries including gut stasis, diet worries, bonding questions and the proper welfare standards around housing rabbits (i.e. no wire floors, no small cages and they should be kept in properly bonded de-sexed pairs in very large enclosures). I cannot answer showing questions nor complex breeding issues as I do not agree with either, seeing the other end of the story in the world of rabbit rescue.

I have two 7 year old rescue rabbits and volunteer for a well established rabbit rescue here in the UK, both physically doing cleaning out etc and I am also their events and awareness co-oordinator, helping educate the general public on proper rabbit keeping, this means I have to ensure all information I give is correct and matches current welfare standards.

I belong to the RWAF (Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund) and volunteer for a major rabbit rescue.

I have no formal education on this subject, however read everything I can to keep up to date with current welfare standards and health problems. Both my rabbits have sensitive guts and constantly keep me on my toes.